Is there any better way to inject fun on your hen weekend than with some well planned hen party games? Not only do they help break the ice with hens who may not know each other but they are also a great way to show the bride-to-be how much she is loved. Here at Acacia HQ, we love Hen Party Games which is why we constantly look for new ideas which will add a little bit of originality to your special weekend…
1. Pop The Question
This has the double whammy of taking care of the decorations as well as being a great, impromptu game. The game is so simple. All you have to do is fill 20 balloons with questions all about the blushing bride-to-be. Over the weekend, pop the balloons & read out the questions. The one who guesses first, gets a prize.
- What’s her favourite cocktail?
- What was her first pet called?
- What’s her favourite song?
- What’s her favourite food?
- What toy did she have when she was young?
- What was her first job?
- If she could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- Where was she born?
- What’s her favourite film?
- Who’s her celebrity crush?
- What’s her worst habit?
- What’s her middle name?
- Where did she go to school?
- Chocolate or crisps?
- Where did the groom propose?
- What one thing would she save in a fire?
- What’s her favourite sport?
- What’s her must have make-up item
- Where did she meet the groom?
- Most wants to go on honeymoon?
2. Bridal Treasure Hunt
Perfect for around your cottage. Think up some bride-centric clues and map out a treasure hunt around the cottage. Questions like her favourite food leading to a box of brownies which contain the next clue such as her favourite shoes.
3. Wedding Movie Charades
Charades with a wedding twist. Put the names of 20 wedding movies into a hat and ask a member of the hen group to act the title for the rest of the group to guess.
Wedding movie suggestions…
- Four weddings and a funeral
- My big fat Greek wedding
- Mamma Mia
- Mike and Dave need dates
- Wedding crashers
- 27 dresses
- The proposal
- American Pie, the wedding
- Bride Wars
- I love you, man
- Princess diaries, 2
- Meet the parents
- Made of honor
- The wedding singer
- Sweet home Alabama
- The wedding planner
- Corpse bride
4. Bridal Blanks
Get the hen group to finish stories about the bride-to-be. Take out keywords in the story and get them to fill in the blanks
- The secret to a happy wedding is ___________________
- You’ll have a life time of ________________ together
- [Bride] and [Groom] are such a ______________ couple
- Don’t forget to _______________ each day to keep a happy marriage
- Always tell each other ____________________________
- Love your partner even when they _____________________
- Don’t forget to __________________ on your wedding day
- The reason I love [the bride] is because she _________________ and _________________
5. Truth or Lies
The truth can be so much funnier than the lies! Ask each member of the hen group to write down one true fact and two lies about themselves. Read them out and decide which is which.
6. Shh! Don’t Say A Word
From the outset of the weekend, hand out a list of banned words to the hen group which everyone will be penalised for saying. Include both wedding and regularly spoken words to make it extra tricky. If someone says the word, think of a penalty like drinking 2 fingers or having to sing a song loudly in front of the whole hen group regardless of where you are.
Banned word suggestions
- [Groom’s name]
- Basically (before a sentence)
7. How Well Do You Know The Groom?
You would hope the bride would know her loved one intimately being that they are just about to get hitched? Well, the hen weekend is the perfect time to test her knowledge. Simply ask the groom some personal questions before you leave for the hen weekend and see if the bride guesses the answers.
- What is the grooms shoe size?
- What does the groom like most about the bride?
- What is the colour of the grooms eyes?
- Does he prefer beer or cider?
- What would he spend 100 on?
- What are the brides most annoying habits?
- What does the groom like doing best?
- What one item would he grab in a fire?
- What was his favourite date?
- Who nicks the bed covers?
- What does he think is your favourite meal?
- What is the first thing he will do as husband and wife?
- What was the first thing the groom noticed when he met the bride?
- What superhero would the groom be?
8. Wedding Dress Game
We never tire of this brilliant game which involves creativity and a whole lot of fun. Divide your hen group into 2 teams and challenge each group to make a wedding dress and veil out of toilet paper. Get the bride to judge the winner.
9. Challenge The Hen Group
Present the hen group with a list of challenges to conquer before the weekend is up.
- Dance with a stranger
- Get a free drink
- Sing a song, loud and proud to the hen group
- Get a photo with a barman
- Hit the dance floor like a women possessed
- Leave lipstick marks on a mans cheek
- Convince someone you are famous
- Do an impression of the groom
- Share a secret with everyone
- Hug a stranger
- Arm wrestle a stranger
- Act like a chicken laying an egg
We’re experts in making hen parties happen. After all your weekend is more than just a beautiful cottage and activities, it’s about the experience from planning to coming home exhausted having had the best hen weekend EVER! With over 10 years of hen party organising know how, sourcing beautiful cottages & activities, building supplier relations, developing easy to use payment systems and IPP protection to keep your money safe, we aim to give you the best hen weekend possible with the least amount of stress. Contact us and get the conversation started.