Budget hen weekends are all about minimising costs whilst maximising the fun! So if you want the intimacy of having a hen party cottage whilst keeping costs to a minimum, here are top 4 tips to help you.
Winter Hen Weekends
- Out of season weekends are a great solution if you are on a tighter budget. Not only do you save on the low season costs but you can get some great winter discounts saving even more of your hard earned pennies!
- Don’t think a winter hen weekend won’t be as much fun. There are loads of truly unique winter activities which can be added to your hen weekend itinerary. Think winter cocktail classes, winter dance lessons, Christmas markets & more. Nights out in cities can be unique and visually lovely with all the Christmas lights and festive feel.
- Lastly, one more reason why we love winter hen weekends is because no matter what the weather is doing, you can max out on the cottage girl-time fun! Enjoy log fires in cosy sitting rooms in the splendour of a beautiful cottage!
Budget Hen Weekend Activities
Prices of activities vary depending on how many people you have in your group and where you are staying but as a rule of thumb the following can be applied.
Least expensive options (from £5-£15 per person)
- Treasure Hunts. These self-administered activities are great fun and don’t add much to your weekend plans.
- Canapes. Delivered to you in your cottage these bite sized treats are great on arrival.
- Return taxi transfers to an activity or local village or city (as long as you are not too remote!)
- Punting. Hire self-drive boats in the warmer months for endless fun playing around on the water!
- Butler in the Buff. A single Butler can add a lot of fun to an hour whilst not hurting the purse strings too much.
- Dinner delivered to you. Save on the costs of making a meal with your supper being delivered for you to heat when needed. Mix it with some DIY table settings to make the evening feel really spoilt.
Next Level activities (from £15-£25pp)
- Beauty treatments. Choose from a pedicure, manicure, facial or back massage for a bit of relaxation.
- Dance lessons. Ask us for details on the more priced one.
- Life Drawing classes.
- Wine tasting. Learn all about the wine world, take a quiz and try and taste 6 different wines.
- Private dinner party. A chef comes and cooks, serves and clear a delicious three course meal in the comfort of your accommodation.
- Clay pigeon shooting, Horse-riding and cocktail workshop range from £25-£35pp.
Cancellations & Special Offers
This requires flexibility but check for last minute deals and special offers for budget hen weekends. We have groups who cancel up to a couple of months before going due to numbers falling or other personal reasons. If you’re flexible it’s a great way of getting a good deal! See our special offers
If you aren’t creative there is usually always someone in the group who is, so assign them the task.
- Create your own decorations. Get the hen group to bring photos and stories which reflect their special moments with the bride-to-be. Make items such as photo bunting by attaching photos to pieces of string.
- Groom face masks. print out a face sized picture of the grooms face, attach it to cardboard, cut out the eyes and fix to a stick!
- Table settings. Laminated photo table mats, tea-candles, bowls of sweets for colour
- Photo balloons. For a great impact attach your photos to helium balloons to act as table places.
- DIY balloons. If you don’t want to stretch to helium balloons, get a permanent marker and draw hen party images and words of love and wisdom on the sides (be carefully to check the pen does not rub off as you don’t want to damage anything).
- Plan the food provisions: think low cost meals like pasta.
- Create your activities. Think hen weekend games, outdoor sports days, treasure hunts round your cottage.
Don’t forget, we are always here to help you keep your costs down; just get in touch!
If you’re looking for help planning your hen weekend we have lots of wonderful cottages and available in different UK destinations. We’ve been organising hen, birthday & celebration weekends since we first started business in 2006; each one totally unique. We love to take the hassle out of your organising whilst adding that little bit extra to ensure your weekend is filled with amazing memories.